There are many different kinds of cameras out there, but if you’re looking for the right one for photography you’re in the right place. Well in this article, we break down the best cameras for photography 2020 on the market this year based on price versus performance and situations they will be used in. We’ll be taking a look at products in every budget range. So, regardless of whether you’ve got a few bucks to spare and want the best value or are looking for the best of the best, we’ll have an option for you. So if you’re interested in finding out which camera for photography will be best for you to keep reading.
Best Cameras for Photography in 2020
1. Canon EOS-1DX Mark II DSLR Camera (Body Only)
$4,999.00 in stock
15 used from $3,173.85
- Fastest shooting EOS-1D, capable of up to 14 fps full-resolution RAW or JPEG, and up to 16 fps in Live View mode with new Dual DIGIC 6+ Image Processors
- Achieves a maximum burst rate of up to 170 RAWs in continuous shooting at up to 16 fps, and 4K movies using CFast cards in the new CFast 2.0 slot
- Improved AF performance through 61-point, wide area AF system with 41 cross-type points, improved center point focusing sensitivity to -3 EV and compatibility down to f/8
- Turn your Canon camera into a high-quality webcam--Learn more: canon.us/livestream
- 4K video (4096 x 2160) up to 60 fps (59.94), with an 8.8-Megapixel still frame grab in camera. Full 1080p HD capture up to 120 fps for slow motion
2. Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Full Frame Digital SLR Camera Body
39 used from $1,799.00
- New 30.4 Megapixel* full-frame CMOS sensor for versatile shooting in nearly any light, with ISO range 100-32000; expandable up to 50-102400 (equivalent ISO).
- 4K Motion JPEG video (DCI cinema-type 4096 x 2160) at 30p or 24p; in- camera still frame grab** of 4K 8.8-Megapixel images; multiple video options include Full HD up to 60p, and HD up to 120p.
- Superb Dual Pixel CMOS AF for responsive and smooth AF during video or Live View shooting; LCD monitor has full touch-screen interface, including selection of AF area.
- Excellent performance - up tp 7.0 fps*** continuous shooting speed with high-performance DIGIC 6+ Image Processor for improved speed and excellent image quality.
- Turn your Canon camera into a high-quality webcam--Learn more: canon.us/livestream
3. Canon EOS R Mirrorless Camera Body
2 used from $1,686.55
- 30. 3 Megapixel Full frame CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 8 Image processor
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF with 5, 655 manually selectable AF points
- 4K 30P with Canon log and 10 bit 4: 2: 2 HDMI output; Dust and Drip Resistant
- Built in EVF with 3. 69 million dots, Vary Angle Touchscreen LCD and dot matrix LCD panel
- Magnification Approx. 0.76 (with 50 millimeter lens at infinity 1 m 1)
4. Nikon D5 DSLR 20.8 MP Point & Shoot Digital Camera
- 20.8MP FX-Format CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 5 Image Processor
- 3.2" 2.36m-Dot Touchscreen LCD Monitor
- 4K UHD Video Recording at 30 fps. CompactFlash (CF) (Type I, compliant with UDMA) XQD Type Memory
- Multi-CAM 20K 153-Point AF System
5. Nikon D850 FX-Format Digital SLR Camera Body
25 used from $1,999.00
- Nikon designed back side illuminated (BSI) full frame image sensor with no optical low pass filter
- 45.7 megapixels of extraordinary resolution, outstanding dynamic range and virtually no risk of moiré
- Up to 9 fps1 continuous shooting at full resolution with full AF performance
- 8k6 and 4k time lapse movies with new levels of sharpness and detail; file system : DCF 2.0, exif 2.31, Pict bridge
- Tilting touchscreen, focus shift shooting mode, outstanding battery performance and much more; total pixels: 46.89 million
6. Nikon Z7 FX-Format Mirrorless Camera
5 used from $2,900.00
- New larger Z mount for revolutionary optical performance
- Nikon-designed 45.7MP backside Illuminated image sensor with no optical low pass filter (OLPF)
- 493-Point on-sensor phase detect AF system and up to 9 fps; Total pixels: 46.89 million
- 4K ultra-HD video; 8K time-lapse; 120/1080P slow motion
- Compatible with new Z nikkor lenses, over 360 F-mount nikkor lenses and a variety of Nikon system Accessories
7. Sony a9 Full Frame Mirrorless Interchangeable-Lens Camera
$3,498.00 in stock
12 used from $2,199.00
- World’s first Full-frame stacked CMOS sensor w/ integrated memory
- World’s first blackout-free continuous shooting up to 20 fps. Battery Life (Still Images) - Approx. 480 shots (Viewfinder) / approx. 650 shots (LCD monitor) (CIPA standard)15. Battery Life (Movie, actual recording)- Approx. 105 min (Viewfinder) / Approx. 120 min (LCD monitor) (CIPA standard). Battery Life (Movie, continuous recording) - Approx. 185 min (Viewfinder)/Approx. 195 min (LCD monitor)(CIPA standard)
- Silent, vibration-free, anti-distortion shutter up to 1/32,000 sec.
- 693 Phase Detection AF points over 93% frame coverage. Operating Temperature - 32 - 104 degrees F / 0 - 40 degrees C
- In-the-box: Power cord, Cable Protector, AC Adaptor, Battery Charger BC-QZ1, Shoulder strap, Body cap, Accessory shoe cap, Eyepiece cup, Micro USB cable
8. Sony α7R IV Full-frame Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Camera
14 used from $2,999.99
- Stunning resolution: world’s first 61MP full frame 35 millimeter back illuminated Exmor R CMOS Image Sensor
- High speed: up to 10Fps continuous shooting at 61MP with AE/AF tracking; 26.2MP in APS C crop mode
- Fast Hybrid Autofocus: 567 Phase detection AF points and 425 contrast AF points to cover more area
- Advanced subject recognition: real time tracking and real time eye AF for humans, animals and movies
- Accurate color reproduction: 15 stop dynamic Range at low sensitivities for greater Color accuracy
9. Fujifilm X-T3 Mirrorless Digital Camera
$1,199.00 in stock
12 used from $933.06
- New 26.1MP X Trans CMOS 4 sensor with X Processor 4 image processing engine
- 4K movie recording internal SD card 4K/60P 4: 2: 0 10bit recording and the first Mirrorless digital camera with APS C or larger sensor that is capable of 4K/60P 4: 2: 2 10bit HDMI output
- 2.16M phase detection pixels across entire frame and low light phase detection limits has been increased over X T2 by 2 stops, from 1EV to 3EV
- 3.69 million dot OLED color viewfinder with 0.75x magnification and blackout free burst shooting
- 16 film Simulation modes: Including eterna/cinema, B and w adjustment: 9~+9
10. Fujifilm GFX 100 102MP Medium Format Digital Camera
- The Fujifilm GFX 100 pairs a newly-developed back-illuminated 102MP imaging sensor with our blazingly fast x processor 4 processing engine to create a combination capable of outputting 16-bit images with amazing color fidelity, rich shadow detail, and incredible dynamic Range.
- Body: made of magnesium alloy, making it lightweight and very robust. GFX 100 is weather sealed at 95 points (including the electronic viewfinder) helping it withstand extreme conditions of dust, moisture and low temperatures.
- Horizontal and Vertical Body Operation: built in vertical grip, it is the first FUJIFILM camera to have this integrated design.
- 55mm diagonal length large format (43. 8 x 32. 9mm) has paved the way for ultra high image resolution.
- X-Processor 4: FUJIFILM's latest image processing engine to quickly optimize the data from the fast, high resolution image sensor.
11. Panasonic LUMIX S1R Full Frame Mirrorless Camera
11 used from $2,049.00
- Full frame sensor- 47.3-Megapixel full-frame MOS sensor that provides a wide dynamic Range and excellent performance at high sensitivity (is 25600 Max sensitivity)
- 4K video - up to 4K 60P/50P recording plus 6K PHOTO functions and HLG photo.
- 187MP high resolution mode - a sensor shift technology suitable for taking very high-resolution Landscapes and fine art photos via tripod with toggleable motion correction capabilities
- Monitor and LVF - 3.2" 2,100k-dot RGBW LCD monitor (3: 2 aspect Ratio) with triaxial tilt moving element, plus large 5, 760k-dot high-resolution OLED eye viewfinder
- Rugged Mirrorless camera design - dust/splash*/freeze-resistant design withstands heavy field use under harsh conditions for high mobility. Image File Format: JPEG, RAW
12. PANASONIC LUMIX GH5 4K Digital Camera
$1,297.99 in stock
7 used from $1,194.15
- Professional photo & video: 20.3 Megapixel micro four thirds sensor with no low pass filter to capture sharp images with a high dynamic range and artifact free performance
- Splash/Freeze Proof Design: Freeze proof to 10 degrees the durable magnesium alloy body withstands heavy use in the field; Splash/dust proof construction with weather sealing on every Joint, dial and button
- Dual image stabilization: 5 axis dual image stabilization corrects all lenses, including classic lenses not equipped with O. I. S, to eliminate Blur and nearly eliminate body and lens shake in both photo and 4K video recording
- 4K video capture: Records silky smooth 4K 60P/50P (QFHD 4K: 3840 x 2160/ MOV or MP4) video with internal 4: 2: 2 10 bit 4K video recording, Plus exclusive 6K photo and 4K post focus records photos up to 60Fps
- Connectivity & Ports: 3.5 millimeter audio port, connect to devices with USB 3.0, an external monitor or external Recorder with a full size HDMI port; Available Twin SD card slots (UHS II U3 compatible)