When looking for the very best cameras for vlogging, you should determine how much versatility you will need, how far you need to opt for this, and just how much package you’re ready to carry around.
Is smaller better? Properly, if you’re not located in a studio after that having a concise setup that stows effortlessly in your backpack, and will be trapped on a Gorillapod for those walking-and-talking-to-camera shots, then size definitely matters. If your vlogs are all carried out on a tripod indoors, though, then it’s less important.
For our money, overall, mirrorless cameras offer the best content creating a combination of control, quality and versatility – and mirrorless cameras often come with in-body image stabilization, a real game-changer for those walking shots or capturing smooth B-roll without a gimbal. That said, you may get great video with a DSLR or a compact camera – and the best camera phones offer brilliant fire-and-forget 4K video.
10 Best Cameras for Vlogging in 2021
1. Fujifilm X-S10 Mirrorless Camera
For a while, we had the cheaper X-T200 on our list of the best vlogging cameras, but we’ve chosen to replace it with the newer X-S10 (not least because the X-T200 seems to be having some supply issues right now). The Fujifilm X-S10 lacks the external exposure controls seen on higher-end X-series cameras, but it’s evident that this is no “amateur” camera. because its build quality and handling are immediately noticeable The switch to a conventional mode dial may disappoint Fujifilm fans, but the excellent finish, build quality, and handling, as well as the inclusion of IBIS (in-body stabilization), give this camera a very broad appeal, particularly in this price range, producing perhaps the best combination of performance, quality, and value in the APS-C mirrorless camera market right now. It even includes a variable-angle back screen, which, when combined with the X-in-body S10’s stabilization and 4K video, makes it an excellent vlogging camera.
Fujifilm X-S10 Mirrorless Camera
2 used from $1,059.99
- It’s All About How It Feels: X-S10 has been designed to provide on-the-go photographers with maximum control. Its deep handgrip affords solid, confident handling with any kind of lens attached, while the intuitive controls ensure effortless operation, no matter what camera system you are used to. When you also consider the 180° vari-angle LCD touchscreen and up to 20fps uncropped continuous shooting, with X-S10 you will be ready to unleash Fujifilm’s acclaimed color science for any and every photo opportunity.
- Making State-of-the-Art Simple: Designed to be simple and minimalist on the outside, X-S10 still enjoys Fujifilm’s renowned image-making technology at its heart. With the state-of-the-art X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor and X-Processor 4 combination, it is easy to create astounding results. The 26.1 megapixel back-side illuminated sensor offers a wide dynamic range and incredible image quality, while the quad-core CPU not only provides precision autofocus at speeds of up to 0.02 seconds and in light levels as low as -6EV, but also superfast stills and video processing to keep up with your creative needs.
- Putting Stability in Your Hands: To document the most amazing moments, you need to be in the right place at the right time, but the greater lengths you go to in search of the perfect angle, the higher the risk of a shaky camera ruining it all. That’s why X-S10 features a five-axis in-body image stabilization (IBIS) system that gives you the freedom to go handheld and get right to the heart of the action. The five stops of image stabilization will help keep your images sharp and your video steady no matter what conditions you are faced with.
- From Small Camera to Big Screen: Video is becoming an increasingly important means of expression for creators around the world, so it is essential to have a camera that can excel in both photography and videography. X-S10’s outstanding movie-making abilities provide the perfect solution. This camera allows you to record in cinema-quality DCI 4K/30p and super-slow motion Full HD/240p, and when you combine the five-axis IBIS with a four-axis digital image stabilization feature, you can always be confident that you will get incredibly smooth footage. Add to this 4:2:2 10-bit color via HDMI, and you have everything you need for professional filmmaking.
- Powerful Image Manipulation Made Easy: Fujifilm has been producing photographic films for over 85 years and, in this time, it has developed a legendary reputation. Some of the world’s most renowned creators have chosen Fujifilm to make some of the world’s best-loved images. The FUJIFILM Film Simulation modes were created to celebrate this history by digitizing some of the industry’s most iconic analog films and placing them at your fingertips. X-S10 features 18 Film Simulation modes, including ETERNA Bleach Bypass, the newest addition to the much-loved FUJIFILM Film Simulation mode collection, which creates a beautiful, desaturated, high-contrast look that any image maker will find irresistible.
2. Panasonic Lumix G100
The Lumix G100’s simplicity will appeal to vloggers and creatives. With its user-friendly button layout, it makes it simple to take high-quality video and stills. Even those who are uninterested in the intricacies of producing great-looking films will be able to achieve good results with this camera. When designing a camera for social media creatives, there is always the risk of dumbing things down too much, but Panasonic has avoided this problem with the Lumix G100. Panasonic has given the G100 an advantage in a very competitive market by providing it with a nice viewfinder and “proper camera” ergonomics. If you’re more interested in vlogging than ordinary photography – or both – this is a wonderful camera to start with. However, it lacks in-body stabilization and has a crop factor while shooting in 4K. It’s cute, compact, practical, and reasonably priced, although it lacks a handful of features.
Panasonic LUMIX G100 4k Mirrorless Camera
$597.99 in stock
4 used from $549.00
- Feature-Packed Camera: Why trust your memories to a phone. With exceptional performance and versatility, the LUMIX G100 captures life in crystal-clear 4K photo, 4K 24p 30p video, and advanced audio
- Grows as Your Skills Grow: iA (intelligent auto) mode gives the perfect shot every time, or use manual modes as your skills sharpen; Micro Four Thirds system is compatible with all LUMIX lenses for any adventure; 12-32mm lens included
- Use as a Webcam: Easily connect the G100 to your computer so that your web calls, livestreams, interviews, and media all look crisp, bright, and professional
- Shoot, Transfer, Edit, Share: Features guide you at every step—frame marker for social media aspect ratios; facial recognition; blur-free dual image stabilization and V-Log L recording. Upload to smartphone seamlessly
- Advanced 360-Degree Sound: High-performance microphone with tracking audio auto-adjusts to record clearly inside or outside, in crowds, one-on-ones, nature, and more; lightweight camera for one-handed recording
3. Sony A6400
Not long ago, any camera with a 180-degree front-facing screen was automatically dismissed as a selfie camera, but the rise of blogging, vlogging, and Instagram has brought the video to the forefront, and the A6400’s front-facing screen is ideal for single-handed video shooters who want to talk directly to the camera – through a fully vari-angle screen like some of its rivals has would be even better. The A6400 is also an excellent stills camera. We’re not crazy about the design, which hasn’t changed much since the original A6000 model, but it’s hardly a deal-breaker given how amazing the Sony is at video. Not only does this camera’s 4K footage stand out as a vlogging tool, but so does its cutting-edge autofocus system, particularly its Eye-AF performance. Since the release of the Sony A6400, we’ve had the less expensive A6100 and the more advanced A6600 – but we believe the A6400 still achieves the vlogging sweet spot of simplicity, cost, and quality.
Sony Alpha a6400 Mirrorless Camera
17 used from $826.16
- Next Gen speed: experience the world’s fastest 0. 02 sec AF with real-time AF and object tracking
- Enhanced subject capture: wide 425 Phase/ 425 contrast detection points over 84% of the sensor
- Fast & accurate: up to 11Fps continuous shooting at 24. 2MP raw with crisp, clear natural colors
- Multiple movie functions: make time lapse movies or slow/quick motion videos without post processing
- Tiltable LCD screen: customizable for vlogging, still photography or recording a professional film