If you own a Canon EOS R camera, then you already know that it is one of the most powerful and versatile mirrorless cameras on the market. However, to take full advantage of its capabilities, you need the right accessories. Whether you’re a professional photographer or an amateur enthusiast, investing in high-quality Canon EOS R accessories can help you elevate your photography game.
Canon offers a vast selection of accessories that cater to a wide range of photography needs. From lenses and filters to grips and tripods, there are many accessories that can enhance the performance of your EOS R camera. However, with so many options available, it can be challenging to choose the right ones.
That’s why we’ve put together a list of the best Canon EOS R accessories that every photographer should consider. Our selection includes accessories to improve your camera’s performance, protect it from damage, and make it more convenient to use. So, whether you’re a professional photographer looking to expand your kit or an amateur enthusiast trying to take your photography to the next level, our list has got you covered.
With the right accessories, you can unlock the full potential of your Canon EOS R camera and take your photography to new heights. So, let’s explore the best Canon EOS R accessories that every photographer should have in their kit.
Best Canon EOS R Accessories:
- Canon LP-E6N Battery
- Neweer TT560 Flash
- SanDisk 128GB Extreme Pro
- Dolica AX620 62″ Tripod
- Canon BG-E21 Battery Grip
- Newer 5-in-1 (43″) Collapsible Reflector
- JJC TW283 Wireless Remote Control
Canon LP-E6N Battery – If you are a buyer of official batteries, you may have LP-E6N battery for around $50. As it’s a well-known brand it provides you with the security of your selection by giving you a high-quality battery. On the other hand, there is a higher risk of failure in your official career while having cheaper alternatives.
- Non-Canon batteries are riskier but available at cheap rates.
- While recordation of videos or wedding shoots, concerts, or any family trip memories there can be a must need of an extra battery.
- You can have up to 950 shots on a single charge
2. Flash Speedlite
Neewer TT560 Flash – It is the best combination and works comprehensively with all Canon cameras (and other camera manufacturers), includes a built-in bounce card and a diffuser, and its easy to regardless of your photography skills. We are offering you a Number one selling flash on Amazon because of its suitable price and awesome results.
- Works perfectly with the Canon EOS R
- Vertical Rotation: 0-90 degrees | Horizontal Rotation: 0-270 degrees
- Guide Number 38 (at ISO 100)
- Features 8 steps of power levels (from 1/128 to 1/1)
- It has Slave mode with the ability to use it with other flash units
3. Memory Card
SanDisk 128GB Extreme Pro UHS-I – SanDisk is the number one memory card, which provides you the burst mood of taking pictures rapidly without waiting for the card to write the files. It is an neglectable feature when your card is slow and you can’t miss any shoot due to the circumstance your card is slow at writing shots/videos (weddings and fireworks for example). An extra memory card is the cheapest alternative you can buy or have, but it can be frequently the most important when you take tons of pictures/videos.
- Read up to 90MB/s + Write up to 95MB/s
- Available in waterproof cover, shockproof and x-ray proof as well
- 4K video and burst shooting on the Canon EOS R are no challenge for this card
Dolica AX620 62″ Tripod and Ball Head – Hands down the best tripod is under $100 for any camera (this one costs $50). For the use of landscape, studio and indoor photography, it must be needed. If you’re going to shoot for more important situations, then also think about spending a lot more for an even sturdier tripod ($300+). For most people, this will be more than enough though.
- Lift a maximum weight of 13.2lbs (Canon EOS R with a battery weighs 1.11 lbs)
- Weighs 2.5 lbs and is 22.5 inches tall (when fully collapsed)
- 62 inches maximum height
- Ball head plate and a bubble level
5. Battery Grip
Canon BG-E22 Battery Grip – A battery gripper is needed while having two batteries for making your shooting time double it gives extra stability and provides you also a vertical shooting button. if you have ever experienced a vertical shoot you easily understand the value of stability.
- Double battery life (around 1900 shots before recharging)
- Have an extra shutter button which provides much more stability so you can get sharper images
6. Disc Light Reflectors
Neewer 5-in-1 (43″) Collapsible Light Reflector – Light reflector is very important for any photographer because it helps in giving a single scene with a variety of reflective colors. And stimulate yourself with the professional shoot. Sometimes it can be used by as an external flash, and sometimes it can be simply reflected by the available light (or with a flash) to precise areas of your subject.
- 5 light reflectors in 1 (43 inches diameter when opened)
- Gold, black, silver, white and translucent, 5 most popular colors
- Perfect for both studio and outdoor photography, easy to carry
- This is the economical but most operative way to really make your shots look better (I also recommend the flash above)
7. Shutter Remote Control
JJC Radio Wireless Remote Control – At the mode of night photography, firecrackers, stop motion or any type of photography where you have to use longer shutter speeds and do not want your finger constantly on the shutter button, an additional accessory a remote control really makes your life quicker easier and enable you to be more accurate with long exposures (there’s also no shake from you pressing the shutter button on the camera itself).
- Works with all Canon cameras on the market, including the EOS R
- Perfect for single, burst or bulb shooting
- Work distance up to 80m
- Uses 4 x AAA batteries