Want to find the best dash cam you can purchase? You arrived in the right spot. We have checked all the new in-car cameras to offer this guide to each driver’s best dash cams.
Dashcams can deliver a number of advantages. What is more apparent is the added calmness that virtually any crash or misfortune happens in your car while driving, but it can also minimize your insurance costs or encourage you to post your favorite driving moments on your YouTube page.
Briefly, dash cams make driving safer. They’re installed behind your windscreen and monitor what’s going around you as you drive, even behind your car or inside it when you buy rear views or cabin views.
Hopefully, on a road ride, the best they can ever capture is a mild traffic disorder or a breathtaking view. But if the worst occurs, in case of an accident or insurance claim, they may still be invaluable proof. With more drivers on the streets following numerous local lock-outs, it’s now the perfect time to invest in the best dash cam that you can find.
Don’t know where to begin? When picking the perfect dash cam, there are a few simple items to remember. In recent years, video quality has increased significantly, with many of the better dashcams able to capture videos in 4K.
Although Full HD is sufficiently detailed in most cases, the 4K resolution can be pivotal if you have a fuzzy number plate, for example. Recent models, such as the NextBase 622GW, have night vision, which can be especially important if you drive a lot at night. Our latest range for the title best dashcam.
These luxury versions also have specialized hardware from GPS monitoring to G-force sensors. Many mainstream dash cams feature injury tracking, which preserves film from before, after and during a crash instantly. Some feature intelligent networking, including built-in Wi-Fi for fast sharing through your smartphone, and Alexa voice control integration without taking your hands off the wheel.
All these features are not needed by any driver. Some would be pleased with a quick and accurate recording tool, such as the Garmin Dash Cam Mini. Others may choose to gather as much data as possible or record driving with the best resolution possible. Regardless of your choice, the following purchasing guide includes the best dash cams for any budget and recording needs.
10 Best Dash Cameras 2021
1. Garmin Dash Cam 66W, Extra-Wide 180-Degree Field of View In 1440P HD
$199.99 in stock
3 used from $150.00
- Compact, discreet dash cam with extra-wide 180-Degree field of view captures crisp 1440P footage and Garmin clarity HDR provides increased detail in low-light situations
- Automatically records and saves video of incidents; requires 8GB micro SD card, class-10 or faster (not included)
- Dash Cam auto sync enables you to control and play back footage from upto four cameras on your smartphone using the Garmin Drive app
- Voice control (Available for English, French, Italian, Spanish, German and Swedish) allows you to easily save a video or picture, start/stop audio recording or start/stop the travel apse video capture feature
- Driver alerts include forward collision, lane departure warnings (certain conditions may impair the warning function) and “go” alerts to enhance driver awareness
2. Anker Roav DashCam C2, FHD 1080p Dash Cam for Cars
- Total night-vision: Nighthawk technology and WDR (wide Dynamic range) video system deliver completely balanced images and footage. Clearly capture license plates—day or night.
- Rich, clear video: advanced Sony Exmore IMX323 sensor and Amarelle A12 Chipset combine to capture every drive in brilliant, 1080P detail.
- See the whole road: equipped with an F2. 0 wide-angle aperture lens, comprised of 5 lens elements, to capture 4 lanes of traffic and record more than just the car in front.
- Extreme temperature resistance: Designed with a steel frame to disperse heat away from internal circuits.
- What you get: road Ascham C2, trim removal tool, 2-port USB Car charger, suction and 3M sticker mounts, user manual, happy Card, our 12-month product replacement and friendly customer service.
3. Garmin Speak Plus, Dash Cam with Amazon Alexa Built-in
- Built in dash cam records your drive and provides driver assistance features such as forward collision and lane departure warnings
- Use Garmin turn by turn navigation by saying, Alexa, ask Garmin
- Ask Alexa to create to do lists, check your calendar or weather/traffic, control smart home devices and entertain passengers with interactive games
- The Garmin Speak app works with your Bluetooth enabled smartphone and a suitable cellular data connection; use your phone’s Bluetooth or an AUX cable to stream Alexa responses, including music, right through your car stereo
- Refer user manual for troubleshooting steps
4. Garmin Dash Cam Mini, Car Key-Sized Dash Cam
$114.99 in stock
- Tiny, reliable dash camera automatically records incidents
- Car key-sized dash camera goes virtually unnoticed on your windshield
- 140-Degree wide-angle lens captures crisp 1080P HD footage
- Automatically records and saves video of incidents; requires 8GB micro SD card, class-10 or faster (not included)
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity uploads saved footage to your compatible smartphone running The Garmin Drive app
5. YI Smart Dash Cam, 2.7" Screen 1080P60 Full HD 165 Wide Angle
$49.99 in stock
- Features 165 ultra wide-angle to reduce blind spots and obtain full 3 lane coverage. F1.8 apertures (the largest in the industry) and 3.0mx3.0m high sensitivity image sensors guarantee excellent night vision
- High Definition Image and First-class Night vision - 1920x1080p 60fps high speed video recording captures fast moving scenes and creates high resolution images in high speed.
- Emergency recording feature - Enabled by G-sensor technology, the camera automatically saves footage in the events leading up to a collision and immediately after
- Built - in 2.7" TFT LCD widescreen and intuitive YI Dash Cam App - The interface features large buttons and user-friendly icons for quick recognition and intuitive operation. Power core: 11.5feet length with Micro USB Connector
- The ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) - the most advanced and optimized visual recognition algorithms ensure safe driving by providing real time Lane Departure
6. Thinkware F800 PRO 2-Channel Bundle 1080P FHD WiFi Rearview Camera
1 used from $299.99
- Ambarella A12 Chipset – Ability to record 1080p on both channels simultaneously
- Sony STARVIS CMOS sensor – Excellent performance in low-light conditions
- GPS built in for red light/speed camera alerts. Also added ability of Geo Fencing alerts
- Energy Saving Parking Recording will reduce power consumption by 1/3 less and gives 3x longer video recording than normal parking mode.
7. Vantrue X4 UHD 4K Dash Cam 3840x2160P 30fps, Super Capacitor 3 inch LCD Dash Camera
- 【Real 4K Dash Cam】Vantrue X4 dash car camera offers excellent video footage without distortion at 4K 3840 x 2160 @30fps or 2K 2560X1440P @60FPS, 4 time higher than a regular Full HD recording. The car plates and signs are extremely easy to read, even on the 3.0’’ LCD. Equipped with 160° wide recording angle, you will be able to capture most of the road ahead.
- 【24/7 Parking Mode】The 24 hours parking monitoring feature protects your car when parked. The motion detection sensors feel any potential thieves that approach your car in front and start recording. To use the parking mode, please hardwire kit (B07G9WTWB9) or connect it with an external battery.
- 【Super Night Vision】Using the F1.8 plus 6 glass lenses, Sony Starvis CMOS sensor and WDR, the dash camera automatically adapts the exposure to the external environment and produces a clearer and sharper video without distorted even in the low-light environment.
- 【Loop recording & Emergency Locked】 With continue loop recording functionality, the dash cam will automatically delete the oldest video and make room for new recordings. But G-Sensor will auto triggers emergency protection and locks a event footage to the special “Event” folder and prevents it from overwritten. The dashboard camera supports up to 256GB micro SD cards(speed rating of U3 higher). We recommend using the Vantrue sd card (asin: B07WXH12TC).
- 【Other Powerful Functions】Built in capacitor allows the camera to withstand severe weather and also last for a longer lifespan than the lithium-ion batteries. It also features basic dash cam functions like seamless loop recording, auto emergency protection triggered by G-Sensor which locks a event footage to the special “Event” folder and prevents it from overwritten, etc.. And it supports max. 256GB microSD card (speed rating of U3 higher). And your camera comes with a full 18 months warranty.
8. Vantrue N2 Pro Uber Dual Dash Cam Dual 1920x1080P Infrared Night Vision Front and Inside Dash Camera
$169.99 in stock
2 used from $156.39
- 【Dual Lens 1080P Car Camera】Best dual dash cam for uber, rideshare, lyft drivers, picked by Wirecutter, CNET, Businessinsider, BGR etc. Based on advanced Sony sensor interior car camera and OV4689 front car camera, the front and inside camera simultaneously capture the road front (170°) and inside passenger cabin (140°) in crystal details at dual 1920x1080P 30fps. Or utilize the front cam only to record front at [email protected] or [email protected] to capture license plates clear.
- 【Infrared Night Vision w/Sony Sensor】The interior facing camera utilizes a Sony sensor, 4 IR LED lights and f/2.0 aperture, which can handle low light conditions and ensures flawless video footage even when the passenger cabin is dark. F/1.8 6-glass lens front facing cam and unique HDR video system automatically balance the light and dark areas of the video.
- 【24 Hours Parking Mode & Auto LCD OFF】24 Hours Motion activated parking mode makes the dual car camera to automatically record when it detects motion. Auto start and record when the ignition sparks up. Auto LCD OFF timer ensure you won't be disturbed by another glowing rectangle on your windshield. Ideal for most climates: -4° to 158°F (-20° to 70°C). Excellent audio recording with built in microphone. Time lapse function automatically takes photos at specified intervals.
- 【Looping Recording & G-Sensor & Optional GPS】Seamless Loop Recording overwrites the oldest footage with the newest upon filling a card to capacity. Variable sensitivity G-sensor auto detects sudden shake/collision and emergency locks the footage to "Event File" to prevent that video from an overwrite. Supports up to 256GB microSD cards, recommend Vantrue sd card. Optional GPS to track the driving route, location and speed(To use GPS function, please buy an extra gps mount Asin: B07CYW6JXW).
- 【Total Peace of Mind w/18m Warranty】Full 18m Warranty, email replies within 24H, and 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Pay less auto insurance, your witness for accidents and insurance claims. Perfect dual lens dash cam for uber, taxis, rideshare, lyft drivers, commuters, and families. Works with 12V and 24V vehicles.
9. Blackvue DR900S-1CH | 4K Dashcam | 1-Channel | 16GB SD Card
$329.99 in stock
1 used from $249.99
- 1 Channel Front FULL HD Recording - 4K UHD @ 30fps Front
- Compatible with the latest versions of Android and iOS - iOS 13 fix released
- Built-in 2.4/5GHz Wi-Fi, G-Sensor and GPS
- 8 Megapixel Front and 2.1 Megapixel Rear CMOS Sensor for Enhanced Night Visio
- Built for Hotter Climates - High Temperature Cutoff Built-In
10. Pruveeo F5 FHD 1080P Dash Cam, Discreet Design Dash Camera
- NOTE. We have canceled the WiFi feature. The F5 dash cam in Amazon warehouse doesn't support the WiFi feature now.
- [DISCREET DESIGN] Signature low profile design allows the dash cam to be a well hidden witness to the road ahead.
- [170 DEGREE ULTRA WIDE ANGLE LENS] The 6 layers glass lens opens up to capture a sweeping view of your surroundings.
- [TEMPERATURE RESISTANCE] High-Quality Li-polymer 3.7V 320mAh battery can bear high/low temperature.
- [FULL HD 1080P RECORDING] Captures beautiful Full HD 1080p video 30fps. This item has sold more than 42,000 units on Amazon.