There was a time when nine different lenses were not brought with their camera by photographers, a time when one wide-angle lens was enough to get an adroit photographer through the day because he knew that sometimes the only way to zoom in was to go closer to his subject damn well. Although most of us want to have a flexible zoom lens, having just one focal length has much to suggest.
The fixed lens camera recipe is simple: combine a single fixed prime lens at a focal length “walk-around” (e.g. 35 mm), a big, light-gobbling sensor, and a body style that often takes its marks from heritage items such as rangefinders. The effect is a distraction-free camera that requires a more careful form of photography: composition and exposure are not instantly judged on the fly; rather they are meditated on before the ideal image through the viewfinder becomes apparent. You don’t take photos when you film with a fixed focal length scope, you take images. To get you started on your journey towards becoming an artisan, we have rounded up the Best Fixed Lens Cameras.
So are you looking for the Best Fixed Lens Camera? Here are the Best Fixed Lens Cameras in 2021:
10 Best Fixed Lens Cameras 2021
1. Fujifilm X100V Digital Camera
2 used from $1,499.99
- Great photography every day, everywhere: X100V features a newly designed, incorporated 23 millimeter F2 lens, ensuring you preserve those special moments at maximum resolution with minimal distortion. It also offers an improved close focusing performance compared to previous X100 models, and, for the first time in the X100 line, you can keep making images even in the toughest conditions when you attach the optional adapter ring with the weather-sealing protection lens (sold separately). This outstanding lens retains the same slim line design as other X100 models, so it retains compatibility with existing WCL and TCL lens attachments.
- Designed for quality and speed: From fleeting holiday moments and family celebrations to hard-hitting visual stories and ever-changing city streets, X100V has been designed to always deliver exceptional image and video quality. Creating a tool this capable takes powerful technology; That’s why Fujifilm’s state-of-the-art X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor and X-processor 4 combination sits at this camera’s core. Pairing this exceptional, 26.1MP, back-side illuminated sensor and powerful quad-core CPU results in incredible quality, wide dynamic range, lightning-fast processing and precision AF performance, right down to -5EV.
- Two ways to see an Image: To truly convey the magic of a scene, you need to be immersed in the moment and X100V’s advanced hybrid viewfinder gives you everything you need to do exactly that. At the flick of a switch, you can change between the X100V’s 0.52x magnification optical viewfinder (OVF), which uses parallax-correcting frame lines to let you see outside the shot, and it’s 3.69M-dot OLED electronic viewfinder (EVF), which gives you a real-time preview of your exposure. You can even get the best of both worlds by using the electric rangefinder function (ERF) to activate a mini EVF display within the OVF window.
- Frame the perfect image: X100V has been specifically tailored for photographers who are never without a camera by their side and always ready to frame a moment. The two-way, tilting LCD touchscreen is a perfect example of Fujifilm’s tailored design. This new technology within the X100V offers quick, intuitive controls and makes struggling to frame images from difficult angles a thing of the past. Furthermore, when folded flat it fits seamlessly into the camera’s slim line body, and in doing so, this sophisticated LCD touchscreen finds the perfect balance between functionality and portability.
- Movies on the move: The X100V allows you to explore a whole new world of image making with the ability to create stunning 4K video at 30 frames per second. Additionally, super slow-motion footage can be recorded using the camera’s full HD/120p setting, so you can relive details that would otherwise be missed by the naked eye. This professional-level quality is backed up by Fujifilm’s outstanding color reproduction technology and unique selection of in-camera film simulation modes, while those who need more fidelity can record 10-bit, 4:2:2 color via the HDMI port.
2. Ricoh GR III Digital Compact Camera
1 used from $918.00
- 24 MP CMOS Sensor with accelerator unit helps achieve remarkable image quality; 3 Axis; 4 Stop Shake Reduction ensures sharp images even in lower light conditions; It is also compatible with multi tone 14 bit RAW image recording
- 3 inches Air gapless Capacitive Touch LCD Screen makes controlling the GR III event easier with complete menu control as well as focus and shutter release; It is confirmed that a USB connection can be established between the camera and the following OS's; Windows 10(FCU, CU) (32 bit, 64 bit), Windows 8.1(32 bit, 64bit), Windows 8(32 bit, 64 bit), or Windows 7(32 bit, 64 bit); Mac macOS 10.14 Mojave, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, macOS 10.12 Sierra, OS X 10.11 El Capitan, OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- The GR III features a hybrid AF system combining a contrast type AF mechanism, superior in focusing precision with a phase detection type AF mechanism assuring high speed focusing operation; Taking advantage of both mechanisms, it assures faster, more responsive auto focus operation
- "The GR III provides wireless LAN functions for easy pairing with mobile devices such as smartphones and tablet computers; By installing the dedicated Image Sync application on a mobile device, the user can display a Live View image on the device’s monitor, release the shutter and send various commands from the device"
- Full HD movie recording (1920 x 1080 pixels, 60 frame rate) in the H.264 recording format
3. Fujifilm XF10 Digital Camera
1 used from $528.00
- 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor
- 3.0-Inch” (Approx. 1, 040k-dot) Color LCD Touchscreen, aspect Ratio 3: 2
- Standard output Sensitivity of Iso200 - Iso12800. Extended output Sensitivity of Iso100 - Iso51200
- Bluetooth version 4.1 low energy technology
- 4K 3840 x 2160 15P, continuous recording up to Approx. 30 Min.
4. Leica Q2 Monochrom Full Frame Compact Digital Camera
1 used from $5,449.00
- Leica Q2 digital camera (Monochrom)
- 47.3MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- Maestro II Image Processor
- Summilux 28mm f/1.7 ASPH. Lens
- 3.68MP OLED Electronic Viewfinder
5. Sigma DP3 Quattro Compact Digital Camera
1 used from $898.00
- Volume image data has become lighter and it enables much faster image processing and lower current consumption
- True (Three layer Responsive Ultimate Engine) III Is also newly developed.
- 30% higher resolution
6. Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX1 RII Digital Still Camera
2 used from $2,185.00
- 42.4MP Full-frame back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor
- 35mm F2.0 ZEISS Sonnar T lens with macro capability
- World's first user-selectable optical variable low-pass filter
- Fast Hybrid AF with 399 focal plane phase-detection AF points
- Retractable 2.4-million dot XGA OLED Tru-Finder w/ ZEISS T coating