Leica Camera AG is an internationally operating premium-segment manufacturer of cameras and sport optics products. The Leica cameras are a compact line featuring only the fastest best quality lenses and have top-performing CMOS sensors. One of the most famous names in photography like a popularized 35-millimeter film and is perhaps best known for its iconic rangefinder cameras.
In addition, to its range finders, Leica also produces medium format, compact and modern style mirrorless camera systems. So, if you’re looking for the best Leica camera we can help you with some of the 10 Best Leica cameras 2021 in the business.
10 Best Leica Cameras 2021
1. Leica Q2 Digital Camera (19050)
Leica Q2 Digital Camera (19050)
- Leica Q2 digital camera (Black anodized)
Leica is inextricably linked to black-and-white photography. Its market position as a manufacturer of low-volume, high-priced cameras allows it to produce concepts that major manufacturers would not consider. When you combine the two, it’s no surprise that it’s the only firm to have manufactured full-frame cameras specialised to black-and-white photography. Indeed, the third-generation M10 Monochrom, which debuted earlier this year, is quite unique.
The company has applied the concept to a different sort of camera with the new Q2 Monochrom (which, for the sake of brevity, I’ll refer to as the Q2M from now on). Based on the Q2 of last year, it has a 28mm f/1.7 optically stabilised lens that is fixed rather than interchangeable. It also employs a modified version of the Q2’s 47.3MP full-frame CMOS sensor, devoid of colour sensitivity, rather than its sibling’s 40.9MP chip. The price difference is also significant: at £4995, the Q2M is marginally less expensive than the M10 variant, which costs £7250 without a lens.
Building a monochrome camera may appear to be a futile effort; after all, you can generate excellent black-and-white prints from colour files. However, it provides true image-quality benefits, such as improved detail, wider dynamic range, and lower high-ISO noise. In brief, if you wish to photograph in black and white, a specialised sensor will produce the greatest image files. The main drawbacks are that it is sensitive to overexposure and that subject-tracking autofocus is not accessible (as it requires colour information to work).
2. Leica 24 Sl Type 601, Mirrorless Camera,
Leica 24 Sl Type 601, Mirrorless Camera, Black (10850)
7 used from $2,149.00
- 4.4 Megapixel viewfinder
- One piece body construction
- 24 megapixel sensor
- MAESTRO-II processor for 11 frames per second firing
- 145 Leica lenses are mountable on the new Leica SL
The Leica SL is a cutting-edge, professional mirrorless camera. The SL’s build quality is excellent, as one would expect from a Leica product. And, whether paired with one of Leica’s new SL lenses or one of their other iconic optics through an adapter, the Leica SL captures photos that are sharp, detailed, and have a wide dynamic range. The Leica SL is also a technological powerhouse, capable of producing 24MP photos at a blistering 11 fps from its full-frame sensor, as well as recording stunning 4K DCI and UHD video. The Leica SL is filled with advanced features and performance, but like every camera, it has significant downsides despite its high price.
3. Leica M10-P Digital Rangefinder Camera
Leica M10-P Digital Rangefinder Camera 20021 (Black Chrome)
1 used from $6,495.00
- 24MP full-frame CMOS Sensor
- Leica Maestro II image processor
- Optical 0. Magnification viewfinder
- 3. 0" 1. 04M-dot Touchscreen LCD
- Is 100-50000, up to 5-fps shooting
The Leica M10-P (Typ 3656) is an update of the Leica M10, which will remain in the Leica lineup. The new camera is based on the M10, but it is supposed to be even more discreet, with a nearly silent shutter and no red logo on the front. It also includes a touch-screen, which may surprise traditionalists.
The M10-P is a digital rangefinder camera with manual focusing, like the M10 and the rest of the Leica M-series. It uses the same full-frame 24Mp sensor as the M10. It is made of metal, and the build quality of Leica is unrivalled. It can also produce very high-quality photos.
Leica D-LUX 7 Silver 19116
2 used from $1,025.00
- 17MP Four Thirds MOS Sensor
- DC Vario-Summilux 3. 1x Zoom Lens
- 24-75mm (35mm Equivalent)
Leica Sofort Instant Camera, Orange
- Leica Sofort Instant Camera - BP-DC17 Li-Ion Battery Pack - BC-DC17 Battery Charger - Carrying Strap - Leica 2 Year Limited Warranty
- Simple and fun to use while allowing visual creativity
- Compact body with menu navigations and icons designed by Leica Camera
- 3-Zone Manual Focus System; 0.37x Optical Viewfinder with Targe; Automatik-Hektor 60mm f/12.7 Lens
- Accepts instax mini Instant Fil
Leica M10-D Digital Rangefinder Camera
- Package Dimensions: 16.611 cms (L) x 21.793 cms (W) x 16.611 cms (H)
- Product Type: Camera Digital
- Package Quantity: 1
- Country Of Origin: Switzerland
Leica CL Black Vario Kit with 18-56mm Lens (19305)
- 20. 1MP 1" MOS Sensor
- Leica DC Vario-Elmar 15x Zoom Lens
- 24-360mm (35mm Equivalent)
LEICA TL2, Silver Anodized Finish (18188)
1 used from $1,799.00
- AMAZING PICTURE QUALITY - the high-resolution 24MP sensor, the Maestro II image processor and the fast autofocus ensure the brilliant image quality; a sensitivity from ISO 100 to ISO 50000 provides detailed images even in difficult light conditions
- 4K VIDEO FUNCTION - for brilliant, true-to-life moving pictures, the Leica TL-2 offers a 4K video mode with 3840 x 2160 pixels and Full HD 1080p60 Video
- EXTRAORDINARY DESIGN - Leica unibody aluminum design provides robustness and resilience, delivers ideal grip and ensures a feeling of perfect unity of form and function
- EASY OPERATION - HDMI provides connection to external displays; USB 3.0. enables to transmit even large DNG data at high speed; easy connection to the Leica FOTOS App allows images to be transferred instantly from the camera to the smartphone
- COMPATIBLE LENSES: Lenses with Leica L-Mount, Leica M/R lenses using the Leica M-Adapter L/R-Adapter L. The Leica TL2 supports the basic functions of Panasonic and Sigma L-Mount lenses, but is excluded from further L-Mount related updates
Leica X-U (Typ 113) (18435)
- Lens Leica Summilux 23mm f/1.7 ASPH. (equals 35mm field of view in 35mm- format), 10 lens elements in 8 groups, 4 aspherical surfaces, UW protective glass Autofocus SystemContrast-based Distance settings rangeFrom 20 cm to infinity, automatic (autofocus) or manual distance setting, optional MF Assist function for distance settings Metering functionSingle field, 11-field, spot, face recognition
Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246) Digital Rangefinder Camera Body, 24MP, Black& White Image Sensor, Black
- Package Dimensions: 8.5 L x 6.5 H x 8.5 W (inches)
- Package Weight : 5.7 pounds
- Country of Origin : Germany