Looking for the Best lenses for your Sony a7RIII? Here are the top recommended Sony a7R III lenses.
With a resolution of 42.4 megapixels and no optical low pass filter, the Sony A7R III uses the same back-illuminated full-frame Exmor R CMOS sensor as its predecessor, the A7R II, but delivers a long list of major changes that make the current Mark III a whole different beast. Among these, the quickest continuous shooting speed of 10fps with maximum AF/AE monitoring (up from 5fps on the A7R II), smoother hybrid AF device with more contrast AF points and a thumb-operated AF joystick and AF On button on the back, dual SD card slots, a far greater battery life (finally!), improved electronic viewfinder and touchscreen LCD, 5.5 image stabilization stops instead of 4.5 stops, 14-bit instead of 12-bit raw images, Super 35 full-pixel 4 K movies, new Pixel Change Dual Shooting mode, anti-flicker mode, and an extended 15-stop dynamic range at low sensitivity settings.
Below are the top recommended lenses for Sony a7R III mirrorless camera based on high image quality, good price and usefulness, including leading prime and zoom options from wide-angle to telephoto. You can choose the one you need.
Best Lenses for Sony a7R III
1. Sony FE 85mm F1.8
Sony SEL85F18 85mm F/1.8-22 Medium-Telephoto Fixed Prime Camera Lens
$545.04 in stock
12 used from $499.00
- Wide F1.8 maximum aperture enables beautiful defocusing effects
- 9-blade circular aperture creates beautiful round defocused bokeh
- ED glass element for corner-to-corner sharpness,Minimum Focus Distance:2.63 feet (0.8 m)
- Double Linear motor system for fast, quiet and precise focusing. The maximum magnification ratio is 0.13 and the angle of view is 29 degree
- Direct control w/ customizable focus hold button and AF/MF switch.35 mm equivalent focal length (APS-C):127.5
2. Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8
Zeiss Batis 85mm f/1.8 Lens for Sony E Mount
$1,079.00 in stock
4 used from $869.99
- VERSATILE FULL-FRAME LENS: The powerful lens for the mirrorless full-frame system of Sony fulfills the highest requirements. Despite its compact design, the image meets the expectations of professional photographers.
- EXCELLENT RESOLUTION AND HIGH CONTRAST: Richly saturated and vivid colours are a must in the creation of lasting impressions. However, stray light within an optical system leads to a lightening of the image that is particularly noticeable in the shadows. This reduces image contrast, with the result that exposures lack contrast and appear faded. To avoid this, ZEISS combines various specially developed technologies to reduce the undesirable effects of stray light.
- ROBUST AND WEATHERPROOF METAL CONSTRUCTION: Thanks to features that are designed to keep out dust and spray water, the lens is perfectly suited for critical outdoor conditions. It is also designed for many years of intensive use.
- INNOVATIVE OLED DISPLAY: For the first time, you can accurately read the focus distance and depth of field simply and intuitively on the OLED display on the lens. Especially in poor light conditions - excellent readability is always guaranteed.
- SMOOTH AND RELIABLE AUTOFOCUS: The design of the autofocus system requires an extremely accurate shifting of particular lens groups. The focusing system of ZEISS lenses is designed to ensure a robust and smooth-running autofocus mechanism with the best imaging performance.
Versatile Zeiss produces photos that are tack sharp close to the lens middle, notably when chance between f/4 and f/5. The Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 is easy and uses top-tier, stunning and razor-sharp pictures. In order to shoot stunning style, weddings and extraordinary scenery photos then this great lens is the most suitable choice. Distortion is minimum, but that is probably because of mirrorless digital camera bodies that correct nearly all distortion in-camera. Otherwise, that is a contemporary, spurious Sony FE mount lens that gets the job done, and at a very accessible price.
3. Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 Di III RXD
Tamron 28-75mm F/2.8 for Sony Mirrorless Full Frame E Mount
16 used from $713.01
- Superb optical performance, including both outstanding image quality and beautiful background Blur effects (bokeh), provided by fast f/2.8 aperture.
- Comfortably light weight (19.4 oz.) and compact (4.6 in). Maximum Magnification Ratio: 1:2.9 (Wide); 1:4 (Tele)
- Close-focusing; minimum object distance: 7.5 in at wide-angle setting and 15.3 in at the telephoto position.
- All-new “rxd” stepping motor AF unit is extremely quiet and therefore perfect for video capture.
- Moisture-resistant construction and fluorine coating for weather protection..Maximum Diameter:Φ73mm
The awfully forward-looking and fascinating Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 Di III RXD offers a wide-open aperture for shooting blurred background shots and for shooting in dark places. This versatile, impressively gorgeous lens for your high-end A7R III. This lens is ideal for environment portraits, for detail pictures at weddings, so when a walk-around zoom lens at activities. If you’re planning a trip to Iceland for walking or simply want a universal zoom lens that covers everything and provides stunning results, you’ll think it’s great.
4. Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS
Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS Interchangeable Lens
$1,298.00 in stock
9 used from $999.99
- Brand is Sony
- Minimum focus distance:1–1.5 m (AF)/1–1.35 m (MF) (3.28–4.93 ft [AF]/3.28–4.43 ft [MF]), Maximum Magnification ratio : 0.13x, Focal-Length : 70–200 mm
- Interchangeable Lens
Focusing is quick and precise, which is a have to if you’re photographing moving subjects, and the lens has a closest focusing range of 1m. There might be a little bit vignetting and occurrence of colored fringing, but both are very easily fixed in RAW conversions. Combined with A7R III this superb lens generate tack razor-sharp images with contrasting colors. A bigger aperture gives you more light on your sensor so you can take photos in low light problems. Moderately, the Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS is a gemstone of a glass to have in your bag.
5. Sony FE 24-70mm F4 ZA OSS CZ
Sony 24-70mm f/4 Vario-Tessar T FE OSS Full Frame Zoom Lens
$698.00 in stock
25 used from $519.99
- Angle of view (35mm): 84°-34° ; E-mount Lenses
- Minimum aperture (F): F22
- Minimum Focus Distance : 1.32 ft (0.4 m), Maximum Magnification ratio : 0.20x, 7 aperture blades
- Focal Length: 24mm - 70mm ; Focal Length (35mm) (APS-C) : 36-105mm
- Maximum aperture (F): f/4
6. Sony FE 28mm F2
Sony SEL28F20 FE 28mm f/2-22 Standard-Prime Lens
13 used from $325.00
- A perfect match for α7 series, 35mm full-frame E-mount cameras, Outstanding optical performance in a wide 28mm focal length, Bright F2 maximum aperture
- Angle of view (35 mm)75 °,Angle of view (APS-C) 54 °.Minimum Focus Distance : 0.96 ft(AF) / 0.82 ft(MF) (0.29 m(AF) / 0.25 m(MF)), Maximum Magnification ratio : 0.13x(AF) / 0.16x(MF), Focal Length : 28 mm
- Dust and moisture resistant design, 9-blade circular aperture contributes to gorgeous bokeh, ED glass with multi‐coating reduces flare and ghosting
- Compact and lightweight design matches a7 series beautifully, A linear actuator focusing mechanism for smooth and quiet AF, Compatible w/ ultra-wide and fisheye converter lenses
- Mounting Type: Sony E
7. Sony FE 24mm F1.4 GM
Sony E-mount FE 24mm F1.4 GM Full Frame Wide-angle Prime Lens
$1,298.00 in stock
6 used from $1,275.00
- Compact Master wide prime Lens w/stunning wide-open resolution
- F1.4 max aperture provides extraordinary exposure and Depth of field
- G Master design combines extraordinary sharpness and smooth bokeh
- Two XA elements for natural, lifelike high resolution results
- In the box: Hood (ALC-SH154), Lens front cap (ALC-F67S), Lens rear cap (ALC-R1EM), Case
With this zoom lens, you won’t be bothered by chromatic aberration, not at high magnifications. This zoom lens will be ultra-sharp after that aperture is defined to f/4 and, for the purchase price, produces outstanding pictures. Regarding lens of high quality, objects are specific and vibrant, so JPEG photographers who don’t want to spend any time behind a computer can be assured of nailing the chance straight-out-of Sony Alpha A7R III. Moderately, the Sony FE 24mm F1.4 GM is a gemstone of a lens to have in your Sony Alpha A7R III bag.
8. Sony Distagon T FE 35mm F1.4 ZA
Sony SEL35F14Z Distagon T FE 35mm f/1.4 ZA Standard-Prime Lens
19 used from $879.99
- A perfect match for α7 series, 35mm full-frame E-mount cameras, Outstanding optical performance in a versatile 35mm focal length, ZEISS quality delivers superior contrast and resolution throughout the image
- Filter diameter (mm): 72 mm.Minimum Focus Distance : 098 ft (03 m), Maximum Magnification ratio : 018x, Focal-Length : 138 in
- Bright F14 maximum aperture, Aperture ring designed for still or movie shooting, Corner to corner sharpness w/Advanced Spherical elements;High reliability in harsh conditions
- Dust and moisture resistant design, 9-blade circular aperture contributes to gorgeous bokeh, Direct Drive SSM (DDSSM) for quiet, precise focusing
Using its exaggerated ultra-wide perspective and high-quality imaging strength, it captures dynamic, sweeping views of subjects, rendering it a perfect choice for scenery photography. This amazing Sony fine little bit of glass furthermore delivers incredibly contrasty pictures with eye-popping shades and respectable sharpness and contains an easy autofocus motor to create it better for concentrating on moving targets as well. Still, because of upgraded covering ghosting are considerable of a nonissue with a 35mm lens, since you can easily crop out the brilliant sun and other bright sources in-camera without Lightroom. And also low-light shooting advantages, the larger F1.4 aperture of the Distagon 35mm F1.4 helps to isolate the object, by incenting sharp objects, and creamy bokeh. You can use this for portraits, journeying photos, or simply as your only lens if you want a do-it-all lens.
9. Sigma 105mm F1.4 DG HSM Art
Sigma 259956 105mm f/1.4-16 Standard Fixed Prime Camera Lens,
- By including three FLD glass elements, two SLD glass elements, and one aspherical lens element
- e SIGMA’s Sports line lenses, the 105mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art features a highly effective dust- and splash-proof structure with special sealing at the mount connection (with exception of the Sigma mount)
- Instead of conventional ABS plastic, the exclusive lens hood features CFRP (carbon fiber reinforced plastic), a light but strong material used in the interior and exterior fittings of aircraft
10. Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM
Sony FE 85mm f/1.4 GM Lens
$1,698.00 in stock
11 used from $1,349.00
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Minimum Focus Distance : AF 2.79 ft, MF 2.62 ft, Maximum Magnification ratio (x) - 0.13 x, Focal-Length : 85 mm.Angle of view (APS-C) 19°
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16 , Filter Diameter (mm) - 67 mm
- One XA Element and Three ED Elements, Nano AR Coating
- Linear SSM Focus System.Weight:820 g.Dust and moisture resistant design.Angle of View (35 mm):29°
11. Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM
Sony FE 24-70 mm F2.8 G Master Full Frame Standard Zoom Lens
$1,798.00 in stock
12 used from $1,650.00
- SONY EMOUNT LENS: 35mm full frame format, instant auto / manual focus selection, focus hold button. The minimum focus distance is 0.38 meters
- NATURAL, LIFELIKE IMAGERY: ED and Super ED glass elements deliver breathtaking texture and detail
- REDUCED ABERRATION: Two aspherical elements and an extremely precise XA element maximize resolution
- 9 BLADE APERTURE: SEL2470GM lenses have a 9 blade circular aperture for a gorgeous book effect
- NANO AR COATING: Allows for accurate light transmission to improve clarity, contrast and quality
12. Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS
Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS Lens
$2,298.00 in stock
6 used from $2,180.00
- G Master design combines extraordinary sharpness and smooth bokeh, Constant F2.8 max aperture maintains exposure and depth of field.Weight 1480 g (without tripod mount)
- Class-leading min. focus distance of 37.8” / 0.25x max. mag, Dual floating focus system for high AF speed and precision, XA, ED/Super ED elements and Nano AR Coating for superb resolution
- Aspherical elements & 11-blade circular aperture for gorgeous bokeh, Min. focus breathing and par focal design ideal for video, Direct coupled mechanical focus system for precise manual focus
- Rigid construction with constant lens length during focusing and zooming, High performance Optical Steady Shot Image stabilization, Dust and moisture resistant for robust reliability
- Nano AR coating suppress reflections, flare and ghosting, XA (extreme aspherical) element with 0.01 micron surface precision
We were impressed with both the sharp details and the responsiveness of the excellent lens quality. Get impressive image quality thanks to the enhanced Sony protective coating with low reflectivity which entirely reduces flare and ghosting. The only downside is that it’s not as light as the lenses above, but is still manageable at 1480g. It can focus on subjects as close as 0.96m throughout the zoom range. One double-side aspherical and one extreme aspherical element + Nano AR coating lens elements provide minimal chromatic aberration and color blur.
It’s straightforward and painless to obtain an impressively cluttered background when you’ve got the Sony that can set off f/2.8, f/2 as well as lower, that you can do that rapidly on the Sony A7R III. Sony includes a reputation for exceptional, spurious and worthy high quality and structure at a fraction of the price tag on other lenses. Nevertheless, glasses of the type are good value for the money and are usually the cheapest lens in virtually any developers range. It is a high-quality, razor-sharp, stellar and immensely zoom lens for A7R III. Actually, this is among the best lenses around for wielding portrait and professional wedding photographers due to the high quality of the optics improvements and versatility of the focal length. This lens is a reliable, capable workhorse for those who find themselves shooting portraits in a variety of lighting and space situations. You can use this for weddings, fashion photos, or just as your only lens if you want a do-it-all lens.
13. Sony FE 90mm F2.8 Macro G OSS
Sony SEL90M28G FE 90mm f/2.8-22 Macro G OSS Standard-Prime Lens
5 used from $949.99
- A perfect match for α7 series, 35mm full-frame E-mount cameras, 90mm Macro with a bright F2.8 maximum aperture, Nano AR coating effectively suppress reflections, Dust and moisture resistant design
- Minimum Focus Distance : 0.92 ft (0.28 m), Maximum Magnification ratio : 1.0x, Focal Length : 90 mm. The angle of view is 27 degree (35 mm) and 17 degree (APS-C)
- Optical Steady Shot image stabilization for handheld shooting, Instant manual/auto focus selection via a sliding focus ring, Instant manual/auto focus selection via a sliding focus ring
- Corner to corner sharpness w/ Advanced Spherical elements, Super ED glass w/ multi‐coating reduces flare and ghosting, 9-blade circular aperture contributes to gorgeous bokeh
- Direct Drive SSM (DDSSM) for quiet, precise focusing; Weight: 602 g (21.3 oz)