Canon EOS R6 has a 20MP full-frame, 4K video recording with up to 60 fps, 1080p video recording with up to 120 fps, image stabilization in the body, fantastic autofocus, full-screen articulation and more! It makes it a great option for a vast number of circumstances such as weddings, interviews, and activities, but also for YouTubers, vloggers and other creatives. This makes it a better choice. Of course, you are definitely looking for a solid external microphone if you really want to use this camera for videography because audio is just as vital as video. In this sense, let’s take a look at some of the Best Canon EOS R6 mics.
In this guide, we will cover five microphones, all with different features and at different prices. Here are the best microphones for Canon R6 without ado.
Best Mics for Canon EOS R6
1. Rode VideoMic NTG Hybrid Analog/USB Camera-Mount Shotgun Microphone
- Vlogger, Run & Gun, Voiceover, Podcaster
- For Cameras, Mobile Devices & Computers
- 30-Hour USB Rechargeable Battery
- Variable Gain, Pad, Roll-Off & HF Boost
- USB Out or 3.5mm Out with Safety Channel
- Power Switch with LED and Auto On/Off
- Peak Warning LED
- Windscreen Reduces Wind Noise
- Includes Shoe/Pole Shockmount
The VideoMic NTG offers transparent sound, variable gain, digital tone controls, and an integrated USB-rechargeable battery. The VideoMic NTG is sturdy, compact, and lightweight thanks to its aerospace-grade aluminum enclosure.
No adapters are needed for the auto-sensing 3.5mm TRRS output and accompanying TRRS cable. Peak warning light, -20 dB pad, and -20 dB safety channel help avoid recording distortion. The 3.5mm port works as a stereo headphone output when used as a USB microphone.
2. Rode VideoMic Pro+ Camera-Mount Shotgun Microphone
- Mobile Journalist, Vlogger, Run & Gun
- For Cameras and Portable Recorders
- 100-Hr Removable Battery, AAs, or USB
- Gain, Bass Roll-Off & Treble Boost
- 3.5mm TRS Output with Safety Channel
- Power Switch with LED & Auto On/Off
- Compact & Lightweight
- Improved Windscreen Minimizes Wind Noise
- Integrated Shoe/Pole Shockmount
The VideoMic Pro+ has battery/USB power options, increased RF immunity, adjustable gain, and multiple clarity-enhancing features.
This tiny and lightweight shotgun microphone has an integrated shock mount to reduce vibration noise. Redesigned windscreen reduces wind noise for outside shooting. The 3.5mm TRS output and detachable cable assure appropriate camera connection, and the chosen safety channel avoids inadvertent audio distortion.