Released in early 2020, the Fujifilm X-T4 is an upgrade to the popular X-T3. It shares several characteristics, including the sensor and processor, with its predecessor, but it also includes many widely demanded features. The camera now has a full-articulating panel and in-body picture stabilization, all of which are extremely useful for video shooters!
A larger and bigger battery also comes with the X-T4, which is another bonus. Getting decent audio is a huge part of making high-quality images. Let’s find out some of the better mics for Fujifilm X-T4 with that in mind.
We’ll introduce you to four different microphones in this guide that we recommend using with the X-T4, all of which come at different price points, so there’s something for everyone. All these mics are made by Rode, as we had the best experience with Fujifilm cameras using their mics. Also, they’re all on-camera microphones.
Best Mics for Fujifilm X-T4
1. Rode VideoMic NTG On-Camera Shotgun Microphone
$249.00 in stock
- Features the same revolutionary acoustic design as our NTG5 broadcast shotgun microphone, which delivers unmatched transparency and a natural, uncoloured sound
- Designed for an incredibly flat frequency response, highly directional supercardioid polar pattern, and very low self-noise
- Digital switching provides a high-pass filter, -20dB pad, high frequency boost, and safety channel, and a unique infinitely variable gain control precisely tailors the output needed
- The auto-sensing 3. 5mm output detects what device you are connected to (camera or mobile) and switches to accommodate
- Also a fully-featured USB microphone that can be plugged into a computer, tablet, or smartphone
2. Rode VideoMic Pro+ Compact Directional On-Camera Shotgun Condenser Microphone
1 used from $252.00
- Still with the best-in-class Rycote Lyre suspension system onboard, the VideoMic Pro+ improves on the existing VideoMic Pro capsule/line tube and windshield, plus boasts a host of new features.
- Automatic Power Function (with plug-in power availability) is perfect for the run-and-gun shooter, automatically turning the microphone off when unplugged from the camera.
- Built-in Battery Door makes replacing the battery a breeze - plus it won't get lost.
- Power options the VideoMic Pro+ can be powered by the all-new and included RØDE LB-1 Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery, 2 x AA Batteries or continuously via Micro USB.
- Digital Switching - will ensure the user has ultimate capture of the audio signal at the source, reducing post production and editing times.
3. Rode VideoMicPro Compact Directional On-Camera Microphone
$227.74 in stock
2 used from $208.99
- A true shotgun microphone designed for camcorders, DSLR cameras and portable audio recorders as primary and reference audio
- The 1/2" condenser capsule provides broadcast-quality audio via a 3.5mm connector with an incredibly low self-noise of just 14db
- The Rycote Lyre based shock mounting system provides isolation from external factors that may cause unwanted rumble and vibrations
4. Rode VideoMicro Compact On-Camera Microphone
$55.00 in stock
3 used from $52.25
- Compact microphone designed to improve the audio quality of your videos - only 80 millimeter (3") long and 42gm (1.5 ounce)
- No battery required (powered by camera plug-in power - min 3V)
- Includes Rycote lyre shock mount and deluxe furry windshield
- Please note: for new iphones you need to purchase an adapter as iphone requires a 1/8th Jack
5. Rode VideoMic GO Lightweight On-Camera Microphone
$84.75 in stock
10 used from $73.76
- Delivers clear, crisp, directional audio with incredible ease of use
- Rode designed the videomic go with a tight pickup area that focuses directly in front of the mic
- Reduces other surrounding sounds, ensuring that your subject is isolated from background noise
- The integrated Rycote lyre shock mount isolates the video mic go from bumps and vibrations
- No complicated switches or settings and is powered by your camera's external microphone input, required
6. Deity V-Mic D3 Pro Standard kit Super-Cardioid Directional Shotgun Microphone
- V-mic D3 pro – One Mic for Everything:The auto-adjusting Smart Universal 3.5mm TRRS output adapts to whatever type of 3.5mm TS, TRS, or TRRS microphone input you plug it into.
- Internal Lithium Ion Rechargeable Battery:Inside the V-Mic D3 Pro is a 320mAh Lithium Ion battery. The battery will run the V-Mic D3 Pro for 51 hours in run mode. As soon as the device the D3 Pro is plugged into turns on, the microphone also switches from standby to run mode. The battery is charged using a USB-C port, making it future proof, and can be fully charged in two hours
- On-Board Low-Cut Filters:The V-Mic D3 Pro features two levels of low cut: 75hz and 150hz. And instead of a switch that is sunken into the frame that’s hard to toggle, the D3 Pro does it all with a single button on top of the unit. With two levels of low cut the V-Mic D3 Pro is ready for even the windiest day.
- Rycote Shock Mount:The V-Mic D3 Pro rides on your camera in our custom built Rycote Lyre shock mount. one of a kind on-camera shock mount.the D3 Pro however you want: forward, middle, back. This means the camera for perfect balance when using a gimbal. Underneath the cold shoe find a 1/4″ 20 female thread mounting point ,can mount it with a friction arm and use the V-Mic D3 Pro as a plant mic.
- Unlike other brands whose on camera mics can’t really live outside of their own designed shock mount, the V-Mic D3 Pro can fit into most universal shock mounts on the market. The filmmaker’s bundle kit adds a Rycote InVision Mount featuring the Duo-Lyre on a pistol grip, a Deity Wind Jammer, and a D.XLR (phantom power to 3-volts 3.5mm adapter.).
7. Audio-Technica AT8024 Stereo/Mono Camera-Mount Condenser Microphone
2 used from $143.75
- A lightweight yet feature-rich design that offers a simple, powerful solution for capturing high-resolution audio for video
- Designed for use with DSLR and other video cameras, delivering dramatically better sound quality than the camera’s internal microphone
- Selectable line-cardioid mono or mid-side stereo modes provide the flexibility to capture high-resolution audio in any environment
- Also comes equipped with a three-position adjustable attenuator (-20 dB, -10 dB, 0 dB) to capture even soft and very loud sound passages without distortion
- Switchable low-frequency roll-off reduces pickup of undesired ambient noise, room reverberation and mechanically coupled vibrations
8. Sennheiser Pro Audio Wireless Microphone System
- Pronounced directivity
- Maximal rejection of side noise
- Switchable "Low Cut" filter minimizes wind noise
- Phantom or battery powering
- Supplied with foam windshield and shock mount. Frequency response - 40 Hz to 20 kHz
9. Sennheiser Pro Audio MKE 200 condenser microphone for cameras and mobile devices, Black (MKE200)
1 used from $91.50
- Directional microphone for isolated and enhanced in-camera audio
- Compact design with sleek and stylish finish
- Integrated wind protection and internal suspension mount to minimize handling noise
- Interchangeable 3.5mm (1/8") TRS and TRRS connectivity for use with DSLR and mirrorless cameras or mobile devices
- Standard cold shoe mount for universal use