The Panasonic S1 features a full-frame 24MP sensor that is excellent for imaging but also provides excellent video specs at up to 60 fps, including 4K capture. It also packs one of the better IBIS systems used in full-frame cameras (in-body image stabilization).
This camera is very flexible and can be used for videography of weddings, interviews, activities as well as videos from YouTube. Of course, if you intend to do serious videography with it as high-quality audio would significantly improve the quality of your footage, we strongly recommend investing in an external microphone. Okay, let’s take a look at the best Panasonic S1 microphones.
We will have a total of five microphones in this guide. They all have certain special characteristics and come at varying price points. We will be starting with the most costly choices and working our way to the cheapest ones. Here are the best microphones for Panasonic S1.
Best Microphones for Panasonic S1
1. Rode VideoMic NTG Hybrid Analog/USB Camera-Mount Shotgun Microphone
- Vlogger, Run & Gun, Voiceover, Podcaster
- For Cameras, Mobile Devices & Computers
- 30-Hour USB Rechargeable Battery
- Variable Gain, Pad, Roll-Off & HF Boost
- USB Out or 3.5mm Out with Safety Channel
- Power Switch with LED and Auto On/Off
- Peak Warning LED
- Windscreen Reduces Wind Noise
- Includes Shoe/Pole Shockmount
The VideoMic NTG offers transparent sound, variable gain, digital tone controls, and an integrated USB-rechargeable battery. The VideoMic NTG is sturdy, compact, and lightweight thanks to its aerospace-grade aluminum enclosure.
No adapters are needed for the auto-sensing 3.5mm TRRS output and accompanying TRRS cable. Peak warning light, -20 dB pad, and -20 dB safety channel help avoid recording distortion. The 3.5mm port works as a stereo headphone output when used as a USB microphone.
2. Rode VideoMic Pro+ Camera-Mount Shotgun Microphone
- Mobile Journalist, Vlogger, Run & Gun
- For Cameras and Portable Recorders
- 100-Hr Removable Battery, AAs, or USB
- Gain, Bass Roll-Off & Treble Boost
- 3.5mm TRS Output with Safety Channel
- Power Switch with LED & Auto On/Off
- Compact & Lightweight
- Improved Windscreen Minimizes Wind Noise
- Integrated Shoe/Pole Shockmount
The VideoMic Pro+ has battery/USB power options, increased RF immunity, adjustable gain, and multiple clarity-enhancing features.
This tiny and lightweight shotgun microphone has an integrated shock mount to reduce vibration noise. Redesigned windscreen reduces wind noise for outside shooting. The 3.5mm TRS output and detachable cable assure appropriate camera connection, and the chosen safety channel avoids inadvertent audio distortion.