You will use this camera for interviews, weddings and other activities as well as YouTube videos. If you take video seriously, you certainly intend to use an additional microphone. High-resolution audio plays an important part in making a quality recording. Let’s take a look at the best mics for Panasonic S1R in this regard.
Below, we’re going to list down the 5 best mics. Each has something special about them, and almost all of them have a different price. Let’s begin with the most costly model and move towards more affordable alternatives. Here are the perfect Panasonic S1R microphones.
Best Mics for Panasonic S1R
1. Rode VideoMic NTG Hybrid Analog/USB Camera-Mount Shotgun Microphone
- Vlogger, Run & Gun, Voiceover, Podcaster
- For Cameras, Mobile Devices & Computers
- 30-Hour USB Rechargeable Battery
- Variable Gain, Pad, Roll-Off & HF Boost
- USB Out or 3.5mm Out with Safety Channel
- Power Switch with LED and Auto On/Off
- Peak Warning LED
- Windscreen Reduces Wind Noise
- Includes Shoe/Pole Shockmount
The VideoMic NTG offers transparent sound, variable gain, digital tone controls, and an integrated USB-rechargeable battery. The VideoMic NTG is sturdy, compact, and lightweight thanks to its aerospace-grade aluminum enclosure.
No adapters are needed for the auto-sensing 3.5mm TRRS output and accompanying TRRS cable. Peak warning light, -20 dB pad, and -20 dB safety channel help avoid recording distortion. The 3.5mm port works as a stereo headphone output when used as a USB microphone.
2. Rode VideoMic Pro+ Camera-Mount Shotgun Microphone
- Mobile Journalist, Vlogger, Run & Gun
- For Cameras and Portable Recorders
- 100-Hr Removable Battery, AAs, or USB
- Gain, Bass Roll-Off & Treble Boost
- 3.5mm TRS Output with Safety Channel
- Power Switch with LED & Auto On/Off
- Compact & Lightweight
- Improved Windscreen Minimizes Wind Noise
- Integrated Shoe/Pole Shockmount
The VideoMic Pro+ has battery/USB power options, increased RF immunity, adjustable gain, and multiple clarity-enhancing features.
This tiny and lightweight shotgun microphone has an integrated shock mount to reduce vibration noise. Redesigned windscreen reduces wind noise for outside shooting. The 3.5mm TRS output and detachable cable assure appropriate camera connection, and the chosen safety channel avoids inadvertent audio distortion.