In September 2020, Panasonic Lumix S5 was announced, reflecting the latest entry-level full-frame platform for the brand. Although it is quite cheap for a mirrorless full-frame camera, the S5 actually contains quite strong specifications. It has a 24MP sensor that can capture 4K images with up to 60 fps and 1080p with up to 120 fps. The emphasis is not as wide as Sony or Canon cameras, but in some cases, it is very functional.
The S5 also provides a full-articulated screen, all of which are fantastic assets for video shooters. This camera is a really popular alternative for interviews, marriage clips, YouTube and more. Naturally, we firmly recommend that you invest in an external microphone if you are serious about using this camera for recordings. For certain cases, camera microphones are the best choice and let’s look at some of the best microphones for Panasonic S5.
Best Mics for Panasonic S5
1. Rode VideoMic NTG On-Camera Shotgun Microphone
- Features the same revolutionary acoustic design as our NTG5 broadcast shotgun microphone, which delivers unmatched transparency and a natural, uncoloured sound
- Designed for an incredibly flat frequency response, highly directional supercardioid polar pattern, and very low self-noise
- Digital switching provides a high-pass filter, -20dB pad, high frequency boost, and safety channel, and a unique infinitely variable gain control precisely tailors the output needed
- The auto-sensing 3. 5mm output detects what device you are connected to (camera or mobile) and switches to accommodate
- Also a fully-featured USB microphone that can be plugged into a computer, tablet, or smartphone
2. Deity V-Mic D3 Super-Cardioid Directional Shotgun Microphone
$99.00 in stock
3 used from $86.99
- |Broadcast Quality Sound|: Superior off-axis sound performance. Low noise circuitry, Extremely Low Distortion THD (
- |Smart 3.5mm TRS/TRRS Mic Output|: Out-of-the-box the V-Mic D3 is compatible with DSLRs, Camcorders, Smartphones, Handy Recorders, Laptop, Bodypack Transmitters and Tablets. This means no more adapter cables. The Smart TRRS cable we include with the microphone is all you'll ever need. Please Note that late model iOS devices require Apple's Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter(NOT Included)
- |Intelligent Power On/Off|: Deity V-Mic D3 features a one button on/off switch. When turned on the microphone is ready in Stand-By-Mode and automatically goes into Run-Mode when the camera or device turns on. This also allows you to save battery on your microphone when you turn your camera off
- |Super Long Working Time|: The V-Mic D3 uses a single AAA for power. Alkaline AAA Battery – 166hrs. NiMH Rechargable Battery – 150hrs. Lithium AAA Battery – 208hrs. 6300+ Hours In Standby Mode
- |Lightweight & Durable|: The V-Mic D3 is the workhorse on-camera microphone you've always wanted. Built with a lightweight uni-body aluminium metal body it offers you the strength to stand up to the same elements your camera can handle
3. Rode VideoMicro Compact On-Camera Microphone
$60.00 in stock
11 used from $52.76
- Compact microphone designed to improve the audio quality of your videos - only 80 millimeter (3") long and 42gm (1.5 ounce)
- No battery required (powered by camera plug-in power - min 3V)
- Includes Rycote lyre shock mount and deluxe furry windshield
- Please note: for new iphones you need to purchase an adapter as iphone requires a 1/8th Jack
4. Rode VideoMic GO Lightweight On-Camera Microphone
$79.99 in stock
11 used from $73.59
- Delivers clear, crisp, directional audio with incredible ease of use
- Rode designed the videomic go with a tight pickup area that focuses directly in front of the mic
- Reduces other surrounding sounds, ensuring that your subject is isolated from background noise
- The integrated Rycote lyre shock mount isolates the video mic go from bumps and vibrations
- No complicated switches or settings and is powered by your camera's external microphone input, required
5. Comica CVM-V30 PRO Camera Microphone Electric Super-Cardioid Directional
- 【Low-cut Filter & 10dB Sensitivity Adjustment】The CVM-V30PRO Lightweight microphone has low-cut filter function and 10dB Sensitivity Adjustment. You can choose the low-cut mode when you are in the noisy environment and you can adjust the sensitivity from -38dB to -28dB as per your need.
- 【Excellent shock-absorbing】Shock-resistant structural design can effectively reduce vibration noise. Which can primely prevent the noise of the jitter during video shooting and provides your video with more excellent voice.
- 【Super-Cardioid Polar Pattern】The CVM-V30 PRO shotgun microphone is giving excellent off-axis rejection for desired sounds, which can effectively reduce the noise of the surrounding environment to be picked up.
- 【Product Features】Comica CVM-V30 PRO microphone supports all cameras that come with 3.5mm(TRS) audio input jack. (Not available for Canon T5/T6/T7) The 1/4 external port design can help you mount the microphone to your camera easily. Our this video microphone is Powered by 3A battery. (Batteries are not included)
- 【What’s in the box】1* CVM-V30 PRO Microphone 1* Windscreen 1*English User's Manual. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.