Panasonic’s best cameras come in three categories. Maybe best known is the company for its lightweight Lumix G mirrorless cameras that use the mount Micro Four Thirds and offer advanced 4K video capabilities as well as standard images. The exciting new Lumix G100, squarely laid out for new vloggers with some clever features and an incredibly affordable price, has just improved this range.
Panasonic also has it’s Lumix S1 and Lumix S1R versions of advanced full-screen mirrorless cameras and its high-end Lumix S1H product, which are now perhaps the greatest combination of features, value and output yet – the Panasonic Lumix S5.
Panasonic cameras are some of the finest mirrorless cameras you can purchase right now but Panasonic also manufactures some of the best compact cameras for photographers, including long-zoom cameras, high-end compact cameras.
Panasonic’s G-series cameras use Micro Four Thirds sensors in competing for mirrorless cameras and are marginally bigger than the APS-C sensors, but they do so with smaller and more compact cameras and lenses and 4K video capabilities from Panasonic. Many Panasonic cameras are as fine for video as silent photography and some are video specialists like the Lumix GH5S. Micro Four Thirds is used in G-series cameras and will also operate on the better Olympus cameras (and vice versa).
With the full-frame mirrorless Lumix S series, Panasonic has now pushed into the technical market. There are larger and heavier cameras for experts with a whole new range of L-mount lenses. These are certainly more specialized, but without Panasonic cameras, we could not do a guide!
We will launch our guide now with the best mirrorless Lumix G cameras and then cover the entire Lumix S frame before trying out some of the best lightweight Panasonic cameras. Using the menu keys to go directly to the segment you’re most involved in.
10 Best Panasonic Cameras 2021
Best Panasonic Lumix G Cameras
Best Panasonic Lumix Compact Cameras
|1||PANASONIC LUMIX LX10 4K Digital Camera||Check Price|
|2||Panasonic Lumix TZ90 Compact Digital Camera||Check Price|
|3||PANASONIC LUMIX FZ1000 4K Point and Shoot Camera||Check Price|
Best Panasonic Lumix Full-frame Cameras
|1||Panasonic LUMIX S1R Full Frame Mirrorless Camera||Check Price|
|2||Panasonic LUMIX S1 Full Frame Mirrorless Camera||Check Price|
1. Panasonic LUMIX G95 20.3 Megapixel Mirrorless Camera
2 used from $793.89
- Four thirds sensor– 20. 3 Megapixel digital live MOS sensor without low pass filter attains maximum performance (is 25600 Max sensitivity)
- Lumix g MFT camera lens – easy to use Lumix g 12 60mm 3. 5 5. 6 standard focal for Micro Four Thirds lens mount digital Mirrorless cameras
- 4K v log L video – 4K 24/30P video capture Plus pre installed v log L offers exceptional flexibility in post production, featuring log characteristics with 12 Stops of dynamic range
- 4: 2: 2 HDMI output – Real time image output to an optional external monitor in 4: 2: 2/ 8 bit via an optional micro HDMI cable simultaneously while recording video
- Mic jack – 3. 5mm microphone jack supports external microphone use, such as an optional Panasonic external stereo/Shotgun microphone dmw ms2
2. PANASONIC LUMIX GX9 4K Mirrorless ILC Camera
$797.99 in stock
2 used from $759.99
- 20.3 MP high resolution MOS Sensor with Tuned 3 Dimensional Color Control to detect hue, saturation and brightness for optimal results
- 5 Axis Dual I.S. combines an O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer, 2 axis) and an I.B.I.S. (In Body Image Stabilization, 5 axis); 5 axis Dual I.S. enables up to 4 stop slower shutter speeds
- Live View Finder 2760k dot high resolution LFV tilts up by approx. 80 degrees with nearly 100% color reproduction; 1. 39x / 0. 7x (35mm camera equiv.) magnification and 100% field of view
- 49 Focus Points plus Custom Multi AF mode quickly and freely select focus blocks from via the touch enabled LCD screen
- [4K Technology] 4K 30p video, 4K Live Crop and 4K PHOTO burst with a new Light Composition mode to capture perfect moments
3. PANASONIC LUMIX G9 4K Digital Mirrorless Camera
$997.99 in stock
6 used from $889.00
- Professional photo and video performance 20 3-Megapixel (Plus 80-megapixel high-resolution Jpeg/raw in-camera image) micro Four Thirds sensor with no low pass filter to confidently capture sharp images with a high Dynamic Range and artifact-free performance
- Rugged splash/freeze proof design durable magnesium alloy body withstands heavy use out in the field and is freeze proof down to -10-degrees splash/dustproof construction with weather sealing on every joint dial and button
- Class-leading dual image stabilization 5-axis Dual image stabilization corrects all lenses including classic lenses not equipped with O I S to eliminate Blur and nearly eliminate body and lens shake in both photo and 4K video recording
- 4K 60P video 4:2:2 10bit & slow-motion effects silky-smooth 4K 60P recording (QFHD 4K 3840 x 2160/MP4) in 4:2:2 10bit high-speed video recording yields a dramatic slow-motion effect in 4K (60 fps max 2x slower [30P playback]) or full HD (180 fps max 6x slower [30P playback]) quality
- Connectivity and ports listen to headphones with a 3.5mm audio port connect to devices with USB 3.0 and connect to an external monitor or external Recorder with a full-size HDMI port available Twin SD card slots (UHS-II U3 compatible)
4. PANASONIC Lumix GH5 4K Mirrorless Camera
$1,297.99 in stock
9 used from $1,129.00
- Professional photo & video: 20.3 Megapixel micro four thirds sensor with no low pass filter to capture sharp images with a high dynamic range and artifact free performance
- Splash/Freeze Proof Design: Freeze proof to 10 degrees the durable magnesium alloy body withstands heavy use in the field; Splash/dust proof construction with weather sealing on every Joint, dial and button
- Dual image stabilization: 5 axis dual image stabilization corrects all lenses, including classic lenses not equipped with O. I. S, to eliminate Blur and nearly eliminate body and lens shake in both photo and 4K video recording
- 4K video capture: Records silky smooth 4K 60P/50P (QFHD 4K: 3840 x 2160/ MOV or MP4) video with internal 4: 2: 2 10 bit 4K video recording, Plus exclusive 6K photo and 4K post focus records photos up to 60Fps
- Connectivity & Ports: 3.5 millimeter audio port, connect to devices with USB 3.0, an external monitor or external Recorder with a full size HDMI port; Available Twin SD card slots (UHS II U3 compatible)
5. PANASONIC LUMIX GX85 4K Digital Camera
6 used from $584.12
- Fine Detail Performance: 16 megapixel Micro Four Thirds sensor with no low pass filter resulting in a near 10 percent boost in fine detail resolving power over existing 16 megapixel Micro Four Thirds sensors
- Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Camera Kit: With 2 super compact lenses 12 32mm F3.5 5.6 and 45150mm F4.0 5.6, shoot lighter and faster with the modern hybrid photography performance of a mirrorless camera and nearly half the bulk of most DSLRs
- Class Leading Dual Image Stabilization: In body 5 axis dual image stabilization works in both photo and motion picture recording—including 4K video—to produce clear handheld shots even in low light conditions. Battery AC Adaptor (Input 110 - 240V AC) (Included, connect with USB cable). Battery life (CIPA standard) Approx. 290 images (rear monitor), 270 images (LVF) with H FS12032
- Live Viewfinder and Tilting LCD Display: Integrated eye level electronic viewfinder (2764K dots) and rear touch enabled 3 inch LCD display (1040K dots) provides 80 degrees of up tilt and 45 degrees of down tilt to maximize viewing. Recording media-(Compatible with UHS-I UHS Speed Class 3 standard SDHC / SDXC Memory Cards). Direct Print-Pict Bridge compatible
- 4K VIDEO CAPTURE: 4K QFHD video recording (3840 x 2160), plus exclusive Lumix 4K photo and 4K post focus allows you to record photos up to 30fps and set your desired focus points after the photo has been taken. Minimum Aperture: F22
6. PANASONIC LUMIX LX10 4K Digital Camera
2 used from $456.00
- POINT-AND-SHOOT CAMERA: Large, 1-inch 20.1-megapixel MOS sensor plus 3X zoom LEICA DC VARIO-SU millimeter ILUX lens (24-72 millimeter) and POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) delivers brighter, more colorful photos with fewer image artifacts
- TILTING SELFIE DISPLAY: Rear touch-enabled 3-inch LCD display (1040K dots) tilts upward 180 degree for easy selfie photos
- 4K VIDEO CAPTURE: 4K QFHD video recording (3840 x 2160), plus exclusive LUMIX 4K photo and 4K Post Focus with internal Focus Stacking allows you to record photos up to 30fps and set your desired focus points after the photo has been taken
- LENS-MOUNTED CONTROL RING: Manual lens-mounted control ring brings DSLR-like exposure control to a compact point-and-shoot camera body
- USB CHARGING AND WI-FI CONNECTIVITY: Enjoy travel ready technologies like USB charging and Wi-Fi connectivity to your mobile device; micro-HDMI type D (3) and USB 2.0 micro-B provide additional connectivity to your favorite devices
7. Panasonic Lumix TZ90 Compact Digital Camera
8. PANASONIC LUMIX FZ1000 4K Point and Shoot Camera
$410.00 in stock
1 used from $410.00
- Big sensor quality: Large 1-inch 20.1MP MOS sensor for improved low light capture and large sensor background defocus effects.
- 4K video & Photo: 4K 30P video with hybrid photography 8MP video frame grabs as photos.
- Leica DC lens: A bright and ultra-sharp Leica DC lens 25-400 millimeter (16x) F2.8-4.0 and macro photography down to 3 centimeter.
- Lens stabilizer: Hybrid O.I.S. (Optical image Stabilizer) + with 5-axis correction provides blur-less, one-handed video shooting.
- Integrated smartphone Wi-Fi for remote imaging control via the Panasonic image app.
9. Panasonic LUMIX S1R Full Frame Mirrorless Camera
10 used from $2,199.95
- Full frame sensor- 47.3-Megapixel full-frame MOS sensor that provides a wide dynamic Range and excellent performance at high sensitivity (is 25600 Max sensitivity)
- 4K video - up to 4K 60P/50P recording plus 6K PHOTO functions and HLG photo.
- 187MP high resolution mode - a sensor shift technology suitable for taking very high-resolution Landscapes and fine art photos via tripod with toggleable motion correction capabilities
- Monitor and LVF - 3.2" 2,100k-dot RGBW LCD monitor (3: 2 aspect Ratio) with triaxial tilt moving element, plus large 5, 760k-dot high-resolution OLED eye viewfinder
- Rugged Mirrorless camera design - dust/splash*/freeze-resistant design withstands heavy field use under harsh conditions for high mobility. Image File Format: JPEG, RAW
10. Panasonic LUMIX S1 Full Frame Mirrorless Camera
7 used from $1,999.00
- Full frame sensor – 24. 2-Megapixel full-frame (35. 6mm x 23. 8mm) MOS sensor that provides a wide dynamic Range and excellent performance at high sensitivity (is 51200 Max sensitivity)
- Lumix S camera lens – easy-to-use 24-105mm standard focal macro zoom F4 l-mount for Lumix S Series full-frame l-mount digital Mirrorless cameras
- 4K HDR VIDEO - 4K 60p/50p, 4K 24/30P unlimited recording, 4K60P 29: 59 min limited recording. HDR Mode and Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG). V-Log with Internal 4: 2: 2 10-bit 4k30/24p (4K60p output only) available via optional software upgrade key.
- 96MP high resolution mode – a sensor shift technology suitable for taking very high-resolution Landscapes and fine art photos via tripod with toggleable motion correction capabilities
- Rugged Mirrorless camera design – dust/splash*/freeze-resistant design withstands heavy field use under harsh conditions for high mobility