Are you looking for the best Pentax K-1 accessories?
Those we’ve picked our best Pentax K-1 accessories if you’re looking to either enhance the quality of your pictures, or just want accessories that will help to make your photography profession much easier (like an extra battery, or a tripod for steadiness).
We’ve reviewed best accessories from the most reputable brands and guaranteed that they’re suitable with the Pentax K-1 (some work on almost all Pentax cameras) and have the ability to meet your needs on reasonable prices. In each accessory, we also provide a link to a bit cheaper (sometimes third-party) item.
At the start, you don’t have to buy everything, but when you learn and grow, you will know how to take even better shots.
Best accessories for Pentax K-1:
- Pentax D-LI90E Battery
- Neweer TT560 Flash
- SanDisk 32GB Extreme Pro 95MB/s
- Pentax D-BG6 Battery Grip
- Dolica AX620 62″ Tripod
- Newer 5-in-1 (43″) Collapsible Reflector
Pentax D-LI90E Battery – If you are the buyer of official batteries, you may have NS-W126S battery around $50. As it’s a well-known brand it provides you the security of your selection with giving you a high-quality battery. On the other hand, there is a higher risk of failure of your official career while having cheaper alternatives.
- Non-Pentax batteries are riskier but available at cheap rates.
- While recordation of videos or wedding shoot, concerts, any family trip memories there can be a must need of an extra battery.
- You can have up to 760 shots on a single charge
2. Flash Speedlite
Neewer TT560 Flash – It is the best combination and works comprehensively with all Pentax cameras (and other camera manufacturers), includes a built-in bounce card and a diffuser, and its easy to regardless of your photography skills. We are offering you a Number one selling flash on Amazon because of its suitable price and awesome results.
- Works perfectly with the Pentax K-1
- Vertical Rotation: 0-90 degrees | Horizontal Rotation: 0-270 degrees
- Guide Number 38 (at ISO 100)
- Features 8 steps of power levels (from 1/128 to 1/1)
- It has Slave mode with ability to use it with other flash units
3. Memory Card
SanDisk 32GB Extreme Pro UHS-I (95MB/s) – SanDisk is number one memory card, which provides you the burst mood of taking pictures rapidly without waiting for the card to write the files. It is un neglectable feature when your card is slow and you can’t miss any shoot due to the circumstance your card is slow at writing shots/videos (weddings and fireworks for example). An extra memory card is the cheapest alternative you can buy or have, but it can be frequently the most important when you take tons of pictures/videos.
- Read up to 90MB/s + Write up to 95MB/s
- Available in waterproof cover, shockproof and x-ray proof as well
- 4K video and burst shooting on the Pentax K-1 are no challenge for this card
4. Battery Grip
Pentax D-BG6 Battery Grip – Why have a battery grip? You can use 2 batteries and increase your shooting two times, it gives extra steadiness, and there is also a vertical shooting button for when capturing vertically. If you’ve ever taken shot like this with larger lenses, you understand how tough it is to be absolutely stable.
- Double battery life (around 1520 shots before re-charging)
- If you usually shoot vertically, the extra shutter button offers much more stability so you can get clearer pictures
Dolica AX620 62″ Tripod and Ball Head – Hands down the best tripod under $100 for any camera (this one costs $50). For the use of landscape, studio and indoor photography, it is must be needed. If you’re going to shoot for more important situations, then also think about spending a lot more for an even sturdier tripod ($300+). For most people, this will be more than enough though.
- Lift a maximum weight of 13.2lbs (Pentax K-1 with a battery weighs 1.11 lbs)
- Weighs 2.5 lbs and is 22.5 inches tall (when fully collapsed)
- 62 inches maximum height
- Ball head plate and a bubble level
6. Disc Light Reflectors
Neewer 5-in-1 (43″) Collapsible Light Reflector – Light reflector is very important for any photographer because it helps in giving a single scene with a variety of reflective colors. And stimulate yourself with the professional shoot. Sometimes it can be used by as an external flash, and sometimes it can be simply reflected by the available light (or with a flash) to precise areas of your subject.
- 5 light reflectors in 1 (43 inches diameter when opened)
- Gold, black, silver, white and translucent, 5 most popular colors
- Perfect for both studio and outdoor photography, easy to carry
- This is the economical but most operative way to really make your shots look better (I also recommend the flash above)