Specifically, the Canon EOS R5 is unbelievably powerful. It packages a 45MP full-frame sensor, 8K video capability (in RAW), 4K. Up to 120 fps and more video recording. Of course, you also have great autofocus, a high-resolution articulated touchscreen, etc. in-body image stabilization. This makes the Canon EOS R5 an awesome tool for movies, short films, interviews, wedding videography, Youtube (although it may be an excess for that and more.
Obviously, you should also invest in a high-quality external microphone if you plan to use this video camera and we have a couple of on-camera mic suggestions for you. Here are the best mics for Canon EOS R5.
Best Mics for Canon EOS R5
1. Rode VideoMic NTG Hybrid Analog/USB Camera-Mount Shotgun Microphone
- Vlogger, Run & Gun, Voiceover, Podcaster
- For Cameras, Mobile Devices & Computers
- 30-Hour USB Rechargeable Battery
- Variable Gain, Pad, Roll-Off & HF Boost
- USB Out or 3.5mm Out with Safety Channel
- Power Switch with LED and Auto On/Off
- Peak Warning LED
- Windscreen Reduces Wind Noise
- Includes Shoe/Pole Shockmount
The VideoMic NTG offers transparent sound, variable gain, digital tone controls, and an integrated USB-rechargeable battery. The VideoMic NTG is sturdy, compact, and lightweight thanks to its aerospace-grade aluminum enclosure.
No adapters are needed for the auto-sensing 3.5mm TRRS output and accompanying TRRS cable. Peak warning light, -20 dB pad, and -20 dB safety channel help avoid recording distortion. The 3.5mm port works as a stereo headphone output when used as a USB microphone.
2. Rode VideoMic Pro+ Camera-Mount Shotgun Microphone
- Mobile Journalist, Vlogger, Run & Gun
- For Cameras and Portable Recorders
- 100-Hr Removable Battery, AAs, or USB
- Gain, Bass Roll-Off & Treble Boost
- 3.5mm TRS Output with Safety Channel
- Power Switch with LED & Auto On/Off
- Compact & Lightweight
- Improved Windscreen Minimizes Wind Noise
- Integrated Shoe/Pole Shockmount
The VideoMic Pro+ has battery/USB power options, increased RF immunity, adjustable gain, and multiple clarity-enhancing features.
This tiny and lightweight shotgun microphone has an integrated shock mount to reduce vibration noise. Redesigned windscreen reduces wind noise for outside shooting. The 3.5mm TRS output and detachable cable assure appropriate camera connection, and the chosen safety channel avoids inadvertent audio distortion.